As its name suggests, a glass reactor is a type of glass vessel, which is suitable for a great variety of process operations, such as vacuum stirring, chemical reactions, distillation, reflux, concentration, crystallization, negative pressure operation and liquid separation. It is widely used in the chemical, fine chemical, bio-pharmaceutical and new material synthesis fields.
Characteristics of a Glass Reactor
- It is mainly made of GG17 and G3.3 high borosilicate glass material, with excellent physical and chemical properties.
- It can carry out experiments under the normal temperature, high temperature(200℃) and low temperature(-80℃), all of which can be selected.
- It is capable of working under the test conditions of normal and negative pressure. The negative pressure can reach -0.098MPa under static condition.
- The stirring speed can be displayed digitally. The imported high torque booster motor and variable frequency constant speed stirring system can ensure a stable operation.
- The PTFE stirring paddle (agitator blade) is adopted. The sealing between the stirring shaft and the reactor is made of special material.
- The large anti-corrosion discharge valve, without dead cavity, can discharge both solid and liquid.
- The solution for cooling or heating in the glass interlayer of a multifunctional reactor can be removed completely after reaction, without fluid accumulation.
- The whole structure is scientific, novel, practical and elegant.
Precautions for Using a Glass Reactor
- Check the glass reactor for any abnormal phenomena before operation.
- Turn on the power switch to make the device run from slow to fast. Turn off the switch after the device stops.
- The operation temperature of a small reactor is relatively high, and generally chemical reactions can only be carried out at a certain temperature.
- The operation pressure of a small reactor is also relatively high. The pressure is created by chemical reactions or temperature rising, which fluctuates greatly. The operation is unstable sometimes.
- Measuring instruments should be calibrated regularly to ensure accuracy and reliability.
- The heating, pressuring and stirring speed of a glass reactor should be slow. In case of power failure, the speed control knob should be set to zero.
- The reactor shouldn’t be cooled rapidly in order to avoid damage caused by temperature difference and excessive pressure.
- Clean sealing rings regularly. Remove sealing rings and check if there is any dirt on the shaft. Wipe them with a soft cloth and then apply a little vacuum grease to keep the shaft and sealing ring smooth.
- Don’t tighten all PTFE switches too tightly, otherwise it is easy to damage glass.
- Ensure there is no water entering the electrical part. Keep it away from water.
Before using a glass reactor, people are supposed to have a good understanding of its characteristics and some precautions for using it. We hope this article will greatly help you.
[title text=”Related Products” tag_name=”h2″ color=”rgba(32, 163, 219, 0.81)”]
[title text=”Related Posts” tag_name=”h2″ color=”rgba(32, 163, 219, 0.81)”]
[blog_posts style=”vertical” columns=”3″ columns__md=”1″ depth=”2″ slider_nav_style=”simple” slider_nav_position=”outside” ids=”1402,897,1621″ image_height=”89%” image_width=”43″]