Working Principle of a Rotary Evaporator
A rotavap evaporates solvents from samples by utilizing the principle that the solvent will have a lower boiling point at a reduced pressure. Specifically speaking, the stepless speed regulation is adopted to make the evaporation flask rotate at a constant speed. By the rotation, materials can form a large area of uniform thin film on the inner wall of the flask. The evaporation flask is heated evenly by a water or oil bath, and materials, with a lower boiling point, is evaporated rapidly under the vacuum condition. The solvent steam is recycled in the receiving flask after being cooled by the high efficiency glass condenser.
The Basic Structure of a Rotary Evaporator
Functions of a Rotary Evaporator
- In industrial field, people use rotary evaporators to extract cbd, which is the main component of mariguana. And cbd is usually used to be made into medicine in pharmaceutical field.
- In people’s daily life, rotary evaporators are used at home for extracting water from all kinds of juices, which makes juices have a better taste.
- In chemical and biochemical labs, rotary evaporators are used by professors to extract chemical substances, which will be further applied for other chemical purposes.
- In recent years, rotary evaporator has been used in the cooking industry. Molecular cooking is a science that applies the principles of chemistry and physics to cooking. To some extent, molecular cooking has been promoted to be a proper term for describing innovative cooking styles.
- It is synonymous with cutting-edge technology and even psychology. The use of a rotary evaporator to non-heat evaporate liquid, thus retaining volatile aromatics that are easily lost by heating, is a perfect combination of modern culinary and experimental instruments.
[title text=”Related Products” tag_name=”h2″ color=”rgb(119, 199, 239)”]
[title text=”Related Posts” tag_name=”h2″ color=”rgb(119, 199, 239)”]
[blog_posts style=”vertical” columns=”3″ columns__md=”1″ depth=”2″ slider_nav_style=”simple” slider_nav_position=”outside” ids=”6740,6332,4365″ image_height=”89%” image_width=”43″]