Is a freeze dryer worth buying?
Compared with drying, boiling, spray drying and vacuum drying, freeze drying has the following advantages.
- Drying under vacuum conditions, easily oxidized substances are protected.
- It can remove 95% to 99.5% of the moisture in the material, and the product preservation period becomes longer.
- Consume less calories.
- Many heat-sensitive substances do not denature.
- When drying at low temperature, the loss of volatile components in the material is very small.
- During the freeze-drying process, the growth of microorganisms and the action of enzymes cannot be carried out, so the original characters can be maintained.
Freeze Dryer Working Principle
The principle of freeze dryer: the water-containing material is first frozen into a solid state, and then the water in it is sublimated from a solid state to a gaseous state, so as to remove the water and preserve the material.
Freeze-drying technology is based on the three-state change of water. Solid, liquid and gaseous, the three states can be transformed into each other and can coexist. Under the high vacuum state, using the principle of sublimation, the water in the pre-frozen material is directly sublimated into water vapor in the ice state without being melted by the ice, so as to achieve the purpose of freeze drying.
Home Freeze Dryer Working Steps
- Connect the power supply and pre-cool the device.
- Put the material into the material tray and put it into the freeze dryer.
- Close the freeze dryer door and set the parameters.
- After pre-freezing, enter the drying stage.
Home Freeze Dryer Application
Freeze dryer can freeze-dry fruits, vegetables, pets, meat food, etc. Freeze dryers greatly preserve the nutritional content of food.