Vacuuming drying ovens are currently for sale at their best price and service.
What is a Vacuum Drying Oven?
A vacuum drying oven is used for drying under vacuum condition, specially designed for drying heat sensitive material, and substances that are easily decomposed and oxidized. In particular, some complicated materials can be dried rapidly. It can maintain a certain vacuum degree in the working chamber, and be filled with inert gas inside. The working chamber adopts stainless steel material, and the shape is horizontal square type, expanding the using space than the circular working chamber.
introduction to vacuum drying oven
How does a Vacuum Drying Oven Work?
It is known that a vacuum drying oven is a kind of vacuum drying device under negative pressure. It makes use of a vacuum pump for pumping and dehumidification. A vacuum pump can create a vacuum condition inside the working chamber so that the boiling point of water can be lowered, accelerating the drying process.
Its working procedures are relatively complicated, mainly as follows:
- Sample placement: Put materials that need dry on the trays inside the drying oven and push them into the drying oven.
- Close the door: Gently close the door to avoid large vibration of the oven. With bolts on the door of the oven, make sure that the door is tightly bound to the silicone seal strip when it is closed.
- Switch on the vacuum: Connect the vacuum pump with the vacuum valve, successively open the vacuum pump and vacuum valve, and vacuumize.
- Heating: Turn on the heating switch to set the desired temperature, which should be carried out in a stable vacuum state.
- Temperature setting: Set the required temperature, but not exceed the rated temperature.
- Take out sample: Turn off the heating switch and then slowly open the discharge valve. Open the oven door and take out the sample when the vacuum degree is zero.
Applications of a Vacuum Drying Oven
A vacuum drying oven is widely used in chemical engineering, biochemical, pharmaceutical, medical care and public health, agricultural scientific research, environmental protection and other research areas.
It is also applicable for powder drying, baking, as well as the disinfection and sterilization of various glass containers.
Besides, it is suitable for rapid and efficient drying treatment of heat-sensitive, easily decomposed, easily oxidized materials and complex components. It can not only lower drying temperature, but prevent some materials from oxidizing in contact with air.
Advantages of a Vacuum Drying Oven
- The working chamber mainly adopts high-quality steel plate or sanitary stainless steel, with strong corrosion resistance.
- The double layer toughened sight glass is bullet proof and high temperature resistance, and easy to observe as well.
- The heat source adopts built-in S-type anti-explosion resistance tube, safe and reliable. The heating time can reduce more than 50%.
- The microcomputer controller can control temperature accurately and trigger quickly.
- The dual-screen digital display panel, with the touch button for adjustment, is more intuitive for users to set and read temperature.
- The tightness of the oven door can be adjusted and the synthetic silicon sealing ring takes shape integrally, which ensure the high vacuum degree in the oven.
Types of Drying Ovens
There are various drying ovens. In terms of their performance, the drying ovens can be classified into the vacuum drying ovens, blast drying ovens, programmable drying ovens, explosion-proof drying ovens and hot air circulating drying ovens. Our company mainly deals in vacuum drying ovens and blast drying ovens, which will be introduced in detail as follows.
Whether vacuum drying ovens or blast drying ovens, both of them can be used for experiments of materials drying and play an important role in biochemistry, chemical, pharmaceutical, medical and health, agricultural scientific research, environmental protection and other research and application fields.
But they have completely different working principles.
Vacuum Drying Oven VS. Blast Drying Oven
Different Drying Modes
1. Vacuum drying oven: it drys materials by using a vacuum pump to vacuumize the system.
2. Blast drying oven: it drys materials by direct heating and utilizing a air blower to circulate the air in the box.
Different Working Principles
1. Vacuum drying oven: Under vacuum or low pressure, the boiling points of moisture, solvent and other volatile components in the material will become lower so that they can be separated from the material particle surface and be removed by a vacuum pump at a relative low temperature. It is mainly applicable for materials that will oxidize, polymerize or have other chemical reactions at high temperature. Furthermore, it can heat to accelerate the volatilization of moisture, solvent and volatile components so as to separate from the material surface.
2. Blast drying oven: a electric blast drying oven works by heating moisture, solvent or volatile components to make their molecular move rapidly to separate from the material. This drying mode has a high temperature and rapid speed. Under the action of draught fan, the molecular escaped from the material surface can be removed by the air exchange so that samples can be dried quickly.
How to Choose a Proper Drying Oven between Them?
The vacuum condition of a vacuum drying oven greatly reduces the boiling point of liquid that is required to be removed. Thus, it is suitable for rapid and efficient drying of heat-sensitive, easily decomposed, easily oxidized materials and complex components. It can not only lower drying temperature, but prevent some materials from oxidizing in contact with air. The vacuum drying oven can efficiently cut down the drying time for samples that are not easy to dry, such as powder or granular sample. Furthermore, various complex mechanical components or other porous samples can adopts the vacuum drying method after cleaning, without leaving any substance. You can choose a vacuum drying oven if your samples belong to the above. For other ordinary samples, you can choose an electric blast drying oven.
Request A Quote
Get in Touch with Us
Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, China