A mixing tank, also known as water-phase tank, is widely used in paint, medicine, building materials, chemical, pigment, resin, food, scientific research and other industries. The device can be made of carbon steel, stainless steel and other material as well as be equipped with heating and cooling devices according to different process requirements and production needs of users. A mixing tank is a kind of vessel that can perform stirring, mixing, blending, homogenizing and other operations for material. According to different requirements of production processes, different structures and configurations can be designed, and standardized and humanized production can be satisfied as well.
The heating modes concludes electric heating of jacket and coil heating. Featuring reasonable structure, advanced technology, durability, simple operation and convenient use, it is regarded as an ideal chemical device that can invest little, put into production quickly and gain high interest. It can realize the charging control, discharging control, stirring control and manual and automatic control during the mixing.
With the advantages of energy saving, sound attenuation, corrosion resistance, strong production capacity and convenient cleaning, a mixing tank can be extensively used in the dairy, food, pharmaceutical, chemical, beverage and other industries. Serving as the essential device for heating, cooling, heat preservation, sterilization or slurry storage, it is especially suitable for the pasteurization and heat preservation of milk. It is also a necessary device in the ice cream production line.
Stainless steel mixing tanks can generally fall into three categories in terms of the structure:
1. Single-layer structure. Without jacket, it can realize internal coil heating or cooling, or the electric heating tube can be directly inserted into the mixing tank for heating.
2. Dual-layer structure. With jacket, it can carry out the heat conducting oil circulating heating, water circulating heating, steam heating and other heating modes. According to the heating temperature, the electric heating can be chosen if there is no steam boiler, and the water bath heating can be selected if the temperature is required to be no more than 100℃. This structure doesn’t have the insulation layer, so the thermal is volatile.
3. Three-layer structure. With the rock wool or polyurethane (PU) insulation layer and 2mm stainless steel coating, a mixing tank is elegant. The material in the tank can be heated evenly due to it can do heating and cooling in the middle. Refer to the electric heating mixing tank for specific information.
A mixing tank is composed of the mixing tank body, mixing tank cover, stirrer, bearing, gearing, shaft seal device and other parts. The heating or cooling device can be equipped according to technological requirements.
1. The mixing tank body, mixing tank cover, stirrer, shaft seal device and other parts can be made of carbon steel, stainless steel and other materials according to different technological requirements.
2. The mixing tank body and cover can adopt the flange coupling or welded connection.
3. The mixing tank body and cover can design various technological ports, such as charge port, discharge port, observe port, temperature measuring port, pressure measuring port and safety vent according to technological requirements.
4. The upper part of the mixing tank cover is equipped with the gearing (motor or speed reducer). The stirrer in the mixing tank is drove by the transmission shaft.
5. The shaft seal device adopts a variety of sealing forms, such as mechanical seal, packing and labyrinth seal. (It depends on users’ needs.)
6. The mixing shaft falls into the cantilever type and single span type. The cantilever type stirring shaft doesn’t set up the intermediate bearing or bottom bearing, so it is easy to maintain. The components in the device is reduced especially for the biological, food or drug mixing device with higher cleanliness requirements. As a result, it can be selected first.
Due to different requirements for production process, the stirrer can be equipped with various types, such as blade type, anchor type, frame type and screw type. Any other requirements can be met by special design and production.
Structure Design Principle
Normally a mixing tank is a vertical cylindrical vessel, consisting of a head cover, tank body and tank bottom. It is installed on a platform through the support. The tank body can provide a certain space for the stirring process under the specified operation temperature and pressure.
A stainless steel tank is equipped with various accessories used for various purposes in order to satisfy different technological requirements or the needs of the tank’s own structure. For example, it is required to install the jacket outside the tank or coilers inside the tank to provide or remove the reaction heat because the heat effect always accompanies with the material during the reaction process. In order to connect the speed reducer and the shaft seal, a base should be welded on a head cover; in order to overhaul the internal components, feed and discharge easily, manholes, handholes and various tubes should be installed and welded; in order to observe and control material’s temperature, pressure and liquid height efficiently, the thermometer, pressure gauge, level gauge, sight glass and relief devices should be installed. Sometimes in order to change the flow pattern of the material, increase the mixing intensity, strengthen the mass transfer and heat transfer, it is required to install the baffle and draft tube.
1. The part exposed to material, inner container and other components are made of SUS304 and SUS316L. Other parts adopt SUS304.
2. The mirror of the inner container is treated by polishing, and its roughness is equal to or lower than 0.4μm.
3. The stirring can be done at a constant or variable speed according to different capacities and technological requirements. The frequency control can read the stirring speed, input frequency, input current and other data on line.
4. The mixing device can lower noise in working state. The national standard is lower than 75db(A). The running noise is lower than 40db when the operation of material in an electric heating mixing tank achieves the stability of the stirring load.
1. How long is the delivery period of one unit?
A: Normally it’s five to ten days.
2. What specification does the device have?
A: There are various specifications from 600l to 20000l.
3. What material does the device use?
A: The inner tank is made of SUS304 and SUS316L.
4. Can the device with a jacket be provided?
A: Sure. The insulation layer adopts rock wool or polyurethane (PU).
5. What is the applicable temperature?
A: The temperature of the tank body and jacket can be customized according to customers’ requirements. (0℃~160℃)
6. What is the design pressure?