[ux_image id=”24582″ height=”59%” lightbox=”true” caption=”true” image_overlay=”rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05)” image_hover=”fade-in” image_hover_alt=”zoom”]
A mixing tank can be extensively used in the dairy, food, pharmaceutical, chemical, beverage and other industries. Serving as the essential device for heating, cooling, heat preservation, sterilization or slurry storage, it is especially suitable for the pasteurization and heat preservation of milk. It is also a necessary device in the ice cream production line. For better use of the mixing tanks, there are some knowledge you had better know.
What is the Principle of Mixing Tanks’ Structure Design?
Normally a mixing tank is a vertical cylindrical vessel, consisting of a head cover, tank body and tank bottom. It is installed on a platform through the support. The tank body can provide a certain space for the stirring process under the specified operation temperature and pressure.
A stainless steel tank is equipped with various accessories used for various purposes in order to satisfy different technological requirements or the needs of the tank’s own structure. For example, it is required to install the jacket outside the tank or coilers inside the tank to provide or remove the reaction heat because the heat effect always accompanies with the material during the reaction process. In order to connect the speed reducer and the shaft seal, a base should be welded on a head cover; in order to overhaul the internal components, feed and discharge easily, manholes, handholes and various tubes should be installed and welded; in order to observe and control material’s temperature, pressure and liquid height efficiently, the thermometer, pressure gauge, level gauge, sight glass and relief devices should be installed. Sometimes in order to change the flow pattern of the material, increase the mixing intensity, strengthen the mass transfer and heat transfer, it is required to install the baffle and draft tube.
Precautions for Using a Mixing Tank
- Check whether there is any serious damage and deformation of device during the transportation, and whether the fasteners is loose.
- Adopt the method of embedded anchor bolt to install the device horizontally on a firm foundation.
- Please install the device, electrical control device and accessories correctly under the guidance of professionals. Check whether the pipelines are unblocked, whether the installed device is correct, and whether there is damage. Before starting the device, please check whether there are people or objects around, inside and outside the device affecting the normal operation, so as to avoid danger.
- Please carry out the trial operation first for a few seconds after the installation. It can not be done until there is no electrical short circuit or abnormal sound.
- If a mixing tank is equipped with the mechanical seal, add moderate amount of 10# oil or sewing-machine oil into the lubricating grooves of the mechanical seal before starting the main engine. The coolant should be supplied into the cooling chamber of the mechanical seal so that the mechanical seal can be well lubricated and cooled. The mechanical seal is not adjusted when leaving the factory. After installation, the mechanical seal should be adjusted to the optimal position according to the installation instructions before normal operation. (according to the needs of users).
- Please check the bearing temperature, running smoothness, tightness, as well as the condition of meters when the device is in normal operation. The material can not be put into operation until it is confirmed that everything is normal.
- Operate the device in strict accordance with the working pressure and temperature marked on the product nameplate so as to prevent danger.
- Strictly comply with the regulations concerning cooling, oil injection and other aspects in the operation instruction to maintain the device well.
- Generally mixing tanks are normal pressure device, so operate it according to the operation instruction of the normal pressure device. Please check whether the inlet and outlet are blocked if the pressure is too high.
- Pay attention to the cleaning and daily maintenance of mixing tanks and batching tanks due to many industries, such as dairy and pharmaceutical industry, have higher standards for production technology.
- The loading capacity in a mixing tank should be strictly in accordance with its effective volume. Overloading is strictly prohibited to avoid burning out the motor or damaging the reducer and other components.
- Clean all parts, inject lubricating oil everywhere and cut off power supply if the device is not used for a long time.
[title text=”Related Products” tag_name=”h2″ color=”rgb(119, 199, 239)”]
[ux_products columns=”3″ ids=”24574,24411″]
[title text=”Related Posts” tag_name=”h2″ color=”rgb(119, 199, 239)”]
[blog_posts style=”vertical” columns=”2″ columns__md=”1″ depth=”2″ slider_nav_style=”simple” slider_nav_position=”outside” ids=”1265,862″ image_height=”89%” image_width=”43″]