What causes vacuum pump failure
In the working process of a vacuum pump, there are some failures:
- Insufficient vacuum: it can not reach the ultimate vacuum of a vacuum pump.
- The oil leakage of a vacuum pump, which is one of most common questions of a vacuum pump.
- The abrasion of a vacuum pump’s bearing, which is a common question of a vacuum pump.
- Corrosion, which includes overall corrosion and partial corrosion.
What are the troubleshooting of vacuum pump
These are the troubleshooting solutions of a vacuum pump aiming at the failures above:
- Check if there is air leakage and drain compressible steam from non-pump oil contamination. Replace rotor and spring with new, and clean rotor and pump cavity. Check the exhaust valve and change it if necessary.
- Replace worn-out oil pumps, shaft seals, gaskets, and vacuum pump accessories such as felt pads that have been filled with pump oil, and keep the oil tank clean.
- Replacethe original imported vacuum pump accessories, which can fundamentally solve the problem. Make sure to use original parts or imported vacuum pump parts of good quality for replacement.
- Make sure to use high polymer composite material on the surface of the vacuum pump, which has very good chemical resistance, excellent mechanical properties and adhesive properties.
How do you test a vacuum pump
Vacuum pumps are classified differently, and their inspection methods are also different, but generally they are divided into the following steps:
- The motor is reasonably equipped and can operate normally (temperature rise and sound are normal), the electrical circuit is safe and reliable. With grounding protection measures, the electrical device is reliable, and the electrical instrument indication is correct. The safety protection device is complete.
- The lubricating system of the rotary vane vacuum pump equipment is intact, the quality of the lubricating oil meets the requirements, and regular inspections and oil changes are made.
- The equipment and cooling system are clean and tidy without rust.
- The main technical performance of the vacuum pump meets the design requirements or process requirements, and the auxiliary equipment is complete. The equipment is stable, the sound is normal, there is no overheating, and the sealing is good.
- The indication values of various instruments are correct, and they are regularly checked. Each valve is flexible in opening and closing, has good sealing, and no leakage. There is no leakage in the pipeline, and regular inspections are performed.
How can I improve my vacuum pump performance
- The regulating valve can be opened appropriately to mitigate the impact of vibration noise, or to reduce the vacuum degree to meet the required vacuum degree requirements.
- The role of the atmospheric ejector is not only to improve the vacuum of the pumped system, but also to the smooth operation of the vacuum pump is also very important.
- Reducing the temperature of the working fluid is beneficial to increase the vacuum of the vacuum pump.
- Adding working liquid properly from different positions can improve the performance of the vacuum pump.
- Using different kinds of working liquid can improve the the performance of the vacuum pump.
How do you maintain a vacuum pump
- During the operation process of the vacuum pump, the bearing temperature cannot exceed the ambient temperature of 35C, and the maximum temperature must not exceed 80C. If you find that the vacuum pump has abnormal sounds, you should immediately stop and check the reason.
- Regularly adjust the packing gland to ensure that the drip condition in the packing chamber is normal (it is better to make the drip out).
- If the vacuum pump is out of service for a long period of time, the pump must be disassembled, the water should be wiped off, and the rotating parts and joints should be greased and stored properly.
Diaphragm vacuum pump
Circulating water vacuum pump