Vacuum pump is very common in the laboratory, also widely used in petroleum, chemical, metallurgy, textile and other industries.many people don’t know the precautions of using the vacuum pump.How to use the vacuum pumps correctly?Next, I will lead you to get a more comprehensive understanding of the precautions and steps of using the vacuum pump.
Precautions for the use of vacuum pumps
1. Before normal operation, vacuum pump should do a test run, check whether there is abnormal vibration and shock sound vacuum pump.Vacuum pump for the first time to determine the vacuum pump pressure limit, should meet the technical specifications.Vacuum pump in long-term working conditions, vacuum pump temperature should not exceed 70 degrees. As for the determination of pumping speed, due to its complexity, it is generally not examined.
2. A mechanical vacuum pump that requires cooling water. The cooling water should be passed before starting up and then restarted.Cooling water outlet temperature should not exceed 30 degrees
3.When installing the vacuum pump for the first time, check whether the motor is rotating forward, that is, the motor is in the same direction as the rotor in the vacuum pump. Generally, the motor is marked with the normal running direction of the motor.
4. Vacuum equipment should be installed in clean environment. It is not suitable for debris, dust, water, and places where the temperature is too high.
5. When disassembling and assembling the mechanical vacuum pump, do not hurt the sealing surface,don’t lose the screw,Cleaned parts should be blown dry or dry (temperature should not be too high, time should not be too long).When assembling, the wall of the vacuum pump is smeared with a small amount of grease to eliminate the dead space as much as possible. The oil quantity is based on the oil line, and the excess oil will spray .
6. The piping connecting the vacuum pump to the pumped system should be as short and thick as possible .The inner diameter of the pipe should generally not be smaller than the diameter of the dry vacuum pump inlet to avoid the suction rate affected by the dry pipe resistance.
7.Before use, check if the mechanical vacuum pump oil is in the oil mark position of the window.At the same time, the direction of rotation of the motor pulley must be checked.The observer is facing the pulley, and the pulley should rotate in a clockwise direction. If it is rotated in the opposite direction, any two-phase connector in the phase power supply can be replaced.Otherwise, the rotary vane vacuum pump will not pump the air, but will pump the vacuum pump oil and the atmosphere into the pumping system, causing serious pollution.
8. The vacuum pump should be started several times intermittently before starting the vacuum pump for a long time.
9. Prevent hard materials (metal chips, glass fragments, etc.) from falling into the vacuum pump and scratching the moving parts of the vacuum pump.When the vacuum pump is stopped for a long time, it should be stored in a dry, clean environment, and the suction and exhaust ports should be blocked to prevent dirt from falling into it.
10. In order to keep the working room clean and sanitary, it is beneficial to the health of the staff. The skin is used to direct the exhaust gas directly to the outside.
11.When the vacuum pump is deactivated for a long time, the vacuum pump should be drained.
12. After the work is finished, the high vacuum valve should be closed first, then the low vacuum valve should be closed. Then stop the rotary vane vacuum pump, and then deflate it (such as using electromagnetic vacuum with bleed valve, it can automatically deflate) to prevent oil from returning to the vacuum system. Finally cut off the total power.
13. The vacuum pump changes the oil in 100 hours during the first month of operation, and then changes the oil every 500 hours thereafter.
14. Regularly check the wear of the bushings and replace them when they are worn out.
15. When stop using the vacuum pump, first close the gate valve, pressure gauge, and then stop the motor.
16. Regularly adjust the packing gland to ensure that the drip in the packing chamber is normal (it is better to make a drip leak).
17.When the vacuum pump is deactivated for a long time, it is necessary to disassemble the pump completely, dry the water, and apply the grease to the rotating part and the joint, and keep it in a safe place.
18. Check that the threads at the pipe connection are consistent with the inlet threads.
Vacuum pump operation steps
1.When using a vacuum pump, first take off the air inlet cap and connect the vessel to be pumped. The pipe should be short.
2.Then check if the connection of the air inlet is tight, and whether the pumped container and the pipeline used are sealed and reliable, there must be no leakage.
3.Remove the vent cap from the trap, turn on the power switch, and the pump will start running.
4.After the pump is used,close the valve between the pump and the pumped container.
5.Turn off the power switch on the pump and unplug the power plug.
6.Remove connecting pipe.
7.Finally, close the intake cap and exhaust cap to prevent dirt or floating particles from entering the pump cavity.
The above is the precautions and steps for using the vacuum pump. If you want to know more about the vacuum pump, please contact us as soon as possible. There are also two related articles for you to choose from, vacuum pump maintenance, daily routines and vacuum pump maintenance tips. If you are interested, you can click to view. It would be great if it could help you. Henan lanphan industry co., ltd. has been committed to the production and research and development of experimental instruments and pipe fittings for many years which enjoys a wide reputation at home and abroad. We will do our best to provide you with more information and quality services, please contact [email protected] for details.