Before we use rotary evaporator, we need to check it first to make sure it will work smoothly. What users need to check before using it are: the deionized water in the water bath is 2/3 of the content of the pot; whether the water in the condenser case is full 2/3; whether the vacuum exhaust pipe is connected with the fume hood and whether it is smooth; whether the waste liquid in the waste collection bottle is treated and so on.
How to use rotary evaporator
After checking rotary evaporator, we are about to start operating it:
1. Use your right thumb, forefinger and middle finger to grasp the edge of the interface on the rotary head to connect to the connection port and rotate it for 1/3 of the turn. The left hand rotates the clip to fix the rotary head on the connection port.
2. Install the flat-bottomed flask with the sample at the lower port of the rotary head and hold it with your right hand.
3. Turn on the vacuum pump with your left hand and slowly evacuate. Keep your eyes on whether the solution in the bottle is boiling. If there is boiling, turn off the small vacuum immediately. Generally, the vacuum will stop at about 0.7.
4. Lower the flask into the water bath, and stare at whether the solution in the bottle is boiling. If there is a boiling condition, immediately reduce the speed and turn off the vacuum until the drops of solution are collected in the waste bottle.
5. Generally, it is steamed to 1 mL, which is the size of a one-yuan coin. When the solution in the flask is about 1.3 mL, the flask is removed from the water bath and rotated in the air.When the volume of the solution is 1 mL, stop rotating immediately, hold the flask in your right hand, and slowly release the vacuum. Finally, turn off the vacuum pump switch, remove the flask, cap the bottle, and seal it for later use.