How does a rotary evaporator remove solvent
The rotary evaporator is mainly used to continuously distill a large amount of volatile solvents under reduced pressure, such as extraction by distillate and a receiving liquid for chromatographic separation.The basic principle of a rotary evaporator is to evaporate sample materials with evaporation flask’s continuous rotation. The process is as follows:
- Turn on the chiller. Press the power button and the cooling button to lower the desired temperature and then cycle.
- Turn on the pump to circulate water.
- Install the distillation flask and secure it with a clamp. Turn on the vacuum pump and start rotating after a certain vacuum.
- Adjust the height and rotation speed of the distillation flask and set the appropriate water bath temperature.
- Stop the rotation after steaming, then pass the atmosphere, stop the pump, and finally remove the distillation flask.
- Stop the chiller, stop the water bath heating evaporation flask, turn off the pump circulating water, pour out the solvent in the receiving bottle, wash the buffer ball, and receive the bottle.
The tips of rotary evaporator’s removing solvent
- Users need to remove the gas within equipment to create a vacuum environment, then rotate to prevent the distillation flask from slipping.When you want to stopit, stop rotating firstly. Then hold the flask when you pass the atmosphere into equipment. Stop the vacuum pump until the vacuum gets reduced to 0.04MPa to prevent the distillation bottle from falling off and sucking back.
- Each interface, sealing surface, sealing ring and joint needsto be coated with a layer of vacuum grease before installation.
- The heating tank must be filled with water before it is energized. It is not allowed to dry without water.