An industrial centrifuge is generally used to extract and filter cannabis and other plants. It can extract the active ingredients in plants through a built-in program, which is single-handed, easy to use and large in capacity. But sometimes an industrial centrifuge can not work well because of long use or improper operations. For the better use, we are supposed to have a deeper understanding of some simple failures and common troubleshooting of an industrial centrifuge.
Precautions for Using an Industrial Centrifuge
- Stop the centrifuge and check it immediately when it makes noise or appears some other abnormal phenomenon while it’s running. Do not adjust, maintain and troubleshoot the centrifuge under running conditions, and take necessary protective measures.
- When the serious corrosion happens to centrifugal drums, spindles, other rotating parts and other important parts, replacement or modification should be taken. And do not use unsafe emergency measures such as surface repair welding.Centrifuge damaged parts need to be replaced in a timely manner. Once important parts such as transmission parts, load-bearing parts and safety-related parts are found to have cracks, serious corrosion, and unsafe factors such as strength and reliability, stop operation immediately.
- The technical condition of the centrifuge must ensure that its main technical parameters (vibration, noise, temperature rise and other indicators) meet the relevant standards.
- According to the corrosiveness and use environment of the medium separated by the centrifuge, the centrifuge end-of-life cycle is formulated according to relevant regulations. If it is found that the key parts such as the drum, the main shaft, the base, the cover, and other parts are cracked or severely corroded, they should be immediately forcibly scrapped.
- Monitor and record the operation of the centrifuge. Describe in detail the fault conditions, causes and solutions during the operation of the centrifuge. Keep a record of handover.
- For the key parts of the centrifuge: the drum parts, the main shaft parts, the machine base and the casing parts must be adjusted and repaired by workers with professional technical knowledge and special skills.
- Daily maintenance and overhaul of the centrifuge, such as daily lubrication, bolt tightening, belt tension adjustment, filter bag replacement inspection, etc. must be carried out by professional personnel.
Failures and Troubleshooting of an Industrial Centrifuge
Stir the extracted material to make the charge uniform
The filter cloth (bag) is damaged or not properly leaked, which makes the drum lose balance.
Re-attach the filter cloth (bag) or replace the repair
Severe wear or damage to the spindle bearings
Loose spindle nut
The base is not installed horizontally or the foot nut is loose.
Adjust the horizontal fastening nut
Shock absorber damage
Replace the shock absorber
Loose transmission parts
Tighten the loose parts
Excessive feed or filter cake containing too much liquid
Filter cloth (bag)
Filter cloth (bag) is not selected properly,
Filter cloth (bag) is damaged or not fit properly
Select the appropriate filter cloth (bag) to repair and replace the filter bag according to the nature of the material.
Starting current is too large
Motor heating abnormality
Motor is defective
Repair or replace the motor
Loading exceeds rated amount
Loading by rated capacity
Parts are loose, detached or damaged
Fastening replacement parts