An ultrasonic cleaner, or ultrasonic cleaning machine, refers to a device that makes use of ultrasonic wave to clean surfaces of objects. It can be widely used in many fields for cleaning a great variety of objects. It both have advantages and disadvantages, which will be specifically concluded in the following part.
Advantages of an Ultrasonic Cleaner
Compared to other cleaning methods, ultrasonic cleaners have more benefits, and have replaced more traditional cleaning technologies gradually, such as traditional immersion, scrubbing, pressure washing, vibration cleaning and steam cleaning. The advantages of an ultrasonic cleaner can be concluded as follows:
- It’s safe and reliable, because hands aren’t required to contact cleaning solvents.
- It has a great cleaning effect for deep holes, slits and hiding places of workpieces.
- It has a high cleaning precision, which can clean tiny stain particles powerfully.
- It is cost-effective, which can save solvents, heat energy, work places and labors.
- It won’t damage objects. The traditional manual or chemical cleaning can often cause mechanical wear and chemical corrosion, but the ultrasonic cleaning won’t cause any damage to objects.
- It can clean a great variety of objects. As long as objects can be submerged in the cleaning solvent, they can be cleaned well no matter what kind of dirt attached to the objects.
Disadvantages of an Ultrasonic Cleaner
Although an ultrasonic cleaner has a great number of benefits, there are still some disadvantages that can’t be ignored. It will help you have a better understanding of an ultrasonic cleaner and operate it more properly.
- It has some noises. The noise of a general cleaner is about 60dB, so it’s uncomfortable to operate a ultrasonic cleaner for a long time. Actually, what you hear is the sound made by water and the sink during the cleaning rather than the sound of ultrasonic. It will have a bad influence on the hearing for a long operation.
- It has a strong penetrating power. It will have a powerful cavitation effect on many objects. It is harmful for people’s health to stay by an ultrasonic cleaner for a long time.
- The cleaning agents are basically chemical products. Although the cleaning solvents (such as trichloromethane) are given up, but the cleaning agents are basically water based cleaning agents that are alkaline. These agents will emit at high temperature and contact with human body during the operation, which is harmful to people’s health.
General Product Features of an Ultrasonic Cleaner
- Digital touch: Touch the key lightly for operation, with digital display of time and temperature.
- Adjustable temperature: It can be adjusted from the room temperature to 80℃.
- Adjustable ultrasonic power: It can be adjusted in the range of 40%-100% of power.
- Adjustable time: It can be adjusted from 0 to 30 minutes, which is used to control the working time of ultrasonic.
- Stainless steel basket: It is made of 304 stainless steel, with meshes of 10mm and reinforced steel bars.
- High-quality casters: It adopts the design of moveable stopping casters, convenient for machines to move and stop.
- Industrial transducer: It adopts industrial shock heads, with a strong power and good effect. It can work 24 hours.
- High efficient heat dissipation: It is equipped with a cooling fan.
- The common tap water, alcohol and solvents can be used as cleaning agents.