It’s well known that rotary evaporators are usualy used in chemical experiments. The quality of a rotary evaporator will have a great influence on the efficiency of our work. If a poor quality rotary evaporator is used, we will work in the process of repairing the rotary evaporator every day, wasting working time and having a low working efficiency. It is necessary for us to have a good understanding of judging the quality of a rotary evaporator.
How to judge the quality of a rotary evaporator?
First of all, there are several factors that determine the quality of the rotary evaporation instrument.
- A rotary motor is placed inside the rotary evaporator, which automatically raises the flask to a position above the heating pot when the power is turned off.
- Reduce the centripetal force and friction between the liquid sample and the evaporation flask, because the liquid sample forms a liquid film on the inner surface of the evaporation flask, and the heated area has a certain friction.
- The force generated by the rotation of the sample effectively inhibits the boiling of the sample.
- The temperature rising of the motor is one of the factors as well. Rotary evaporation instrument motor adopts three-phase electric, 220V special motor, E-class insulation. Motor winding group adopts polyester high-strength enameled wire. When the altitude is less than 1000m and the ambient temperature does not exceed 40°C, the surface temperature of continuous use motor will rise. As long as it doesn’t exceed 45℃, it is normal. If temperature rises above 45℃, check the relevent transmission lubrication system.
Four factors that have effect on the evaporation rate of a rotary evaporator
- The temperature of the water bath.
- The vacuum degree inside of the rotary evaporator.
- The efficiency of the condensing recovery unit.
- The rotary speed of the evaporation flask.
Combined with these features and their convenience, a good quality rotary evaporator can be used to rapidly raise the temperature, distill and separate the vast majority of samples even without prior experience.
In China, there is no lack of companies that are capable of producing high quality and cost-effective rotary evaporators, such as Henan Lanphan Technology Co., Ltd. As a comprehensive company, Lanphan has specialized in research and development, production and sales of rotary evaporators for many yeras. If you have any question or want to find a good quality rotary evaporator, please contact us.