The glass reactor is an ideal equipment for experiment and production in modern chemistry, fine chemical engineering, biopharmaceutical, new material synthesis and other fields. It can vacuumize and do stirring reaction at the same time after putting into reaction materials. The exterior water or oil bath can do heating reaction by adding water or oil, and control the evaporation and reflux of reaction solutions as well. In the following, we will further discuss how to use a glass reactor.
How do You Use a Glass Reactor?
- Check the power supply, voltage to ensure whether they are consistent with the specifications provided by the machine on the nameplate.
- Plug in the power plug, turn on power switch on the speed controller, and select a suitable rotating speed by regulating the speed control knob.
- Material flow and the power of motor speed may produce resonance at some points, please change the speed of the motor to avoid the resonance.
- After installing the stirring rod, rotate it by hand to check whether concentricity is good. If not, please install it again. Turn on the power supply when everything is ready, and adjust it gradually from slow to fast.
- If the sealing performance of the reactor degrades, please check the swivel bearing and oil seal. If there is any damage, please replace it in time to maintain the vacuum degree of the equipment.
- All glass parts of the equipment are made of GG-17 borosilicate glass, which not only has a low expansion coefficient, but is high temperature resistant and high quality. If users need to match the equipment with glass flasks by themselves, please confirm the glass material to ensure safety.
- When experiments are carried out under low temperature, the discharge valve at the bottom always frosts. Thus make it partially unfreeze firstly to avoid stirring the glass into pieces.
- If there are particles in the solution during the use, they will possibly remain on the PTFE piston of the valve, which will influence the gas tightness. So it’s necessary to clean it after discharging.
- It is forbidden to use the electric stove or open fire for heating. When evaporating inflammable, explosive, toxic or expensive solution, users must take corresponding safety protection measures and follow relevant safety operation rules.
- As for valuable solution, users should do simulation experiments firstly to confirm that this equipment can meet the technical requirements.
- If glass parts have serious stains, please clean them with dilute sulphuric acid.
- Users are required to check the abrasion or corrosion degree of the sealing ring, and replace it in time to maintain the vacuum degree of the equipment.