The vacuum drying oven is one of the equipment that assists in drying products. It can be used in a great variety of fields and has a relatively simple operating procedures. It has been favored by many industries for its ability to dry some complex materials rapidly.
What is a Vacuum Drying Oven?
A vacuum drying oven is used for drying under vacuum condition, specially designed for drying heat sensitive material, and substances that are easily decomposed and oxidized. In particular, some complicated materials can be dried rapidly. It can maintain a certain vacuum degree in the working chamber, and be filled with inert gas inside. The working chamber adopts stainless steel material, and the shape is horizontal square type, expanding the using space than the circular working chamber.
Uses of a Vacuum Drying Oven
A vacuum drying oven is widely used in chemical engineering, biochemical, pharmaceutical, medical care and public health, agricultural scientific research, environmental protection and other research areas. It is applicable for powder drying, baking, as well as the disinfection and sterilization of various glass containers. In particle, it is suitable for rapid and efficient drying treatment of heat-sensitive, easily decomposed, easily oxidized materials and complex components. It can not only lower drying temperature, but prevent some materials from oxidizing in contact with air.
Why Drying is Done in the Vacuum Place?
Compared to other drying methods, the drying done in the vacuum place has many benefits. Firstly, the vacuum drying can remove moisture at a lower temperature and oxygen content, which makes it suitable for heat-sensitive as well as oxygen-sensitive materials. Secondly, the vacuum drying can improve the evaporation rate because of the reducing boiling point of water. Thirdly, it’s much safer to do drying in the vacuum place, because it’s impossible for oxide to explode when it’s heated under vacuum or inert condition. What’s more, the vacuum drying can save the drying time and obtain a higher quality dried product. That’s why people prefer to use a vacuum drying oven rather than other drying equipment in most cases.
Advantages of a Vacuum Drying Oven
- The working chamber mainly adopts high quality steel plate or sanitary stainless steel, with strong corrosion resistance.
- The double layer toughened sight glass is bullet proof and high temperature resistance, and easy to observe as well.
- The heat source adopts built-in S-type anti-explosion resistance tube, safe and reliable. The heating time can reduce more than 50%.
- The microcomputer controller can control temperature accurately and trigger quickly.
- The dual-screen digital display panel, with the touch button for adjustment, is more intuitive for users to set and read temperature.
- The tightness of the oven door can be adjusted and the synthetic silicon sealing ring takes shape integrally, which ensure the high vacuum degree in the oven.