What are the main components of a chiller
In chiller equipment, there are many parts working together, including the bits and pieces parts. And the main components of chiller are: compressor, condenser, evaporator, expansion valve, power panel, controls unit and the water box.
What are the accessories of chiller
The accessories of chiller includes:
- Compressor: a driven fluid machine that promotes low-pressure gas to high-pressure gas, which is the heart of a refrigeration system.
- Condenser: an apparatus or container for condensing vapor.
- Evaporator: low-temperature condensed liquid passes through the evaporator, exchanges heat with the outside air, vaporizes and absorbs heat, and achieves the cooling effect.
- Expansion valve: one throttle valve in refrigeration system.
- Power panel: the main board for power processing.
- Controls unit: is responsible for process flow management.
- Water box: a container to store water.
- Power supply: to supply electricity power for the whole chiller equipment.
- Heat exchange: is a device that transfers the heat of a certain fluid to another fluid in a certain heat transfer manner.
- Filter: to remove impurities from circulating liquid.
- Gas-liquid separator: to prevent the compressor inlet from sucking in liquid refrigerant to damage the compressor.
What is refrigerant in chiller
In chiller equipment, chiller cools substances down through turning refrigerant from gas to liquid. Refrigerant is the medium substance in various heat engines to complete energy conversion. During the process of turning refrigerant from gas to liquid, refrigerant absorbs the heat of the cooling medium (water or air, etc.) in the evaporator and vaporizes, and transfers the heat to the surrounding air or water in the condenser to condense.
What is the function of chiller
Cooling process is actually a kind of energy transfer. It is a process of using refrigerant phase change, just like sprinkling water to feel cool. Water changes from liquid to gas to absorb heat, while boiling water vapor turns to liquid to release heat. The chiller is to transfer the energy of the cooled substance to the refrigerant.
What are the different types of chiller
There are three kinds in chiller, including air-cooled, water-cooled, evaporation-cooled. There are still four subcategories beneath these three, including reciprocating,centrifugal, screw driven and absorption.
What is chiller and its function
The chiller is a cooling water circulation system. The function of the chiller is to send the chilled water cooled by the refrigerator to the fan coil assembly at each air outlet of the central air conditioner through the transmission pipeline, which has a cooling effect on the environment. The flow rate of the chilled water is proportional to the speed of the chiller. When the speed of the chiller is high, the flow rate of the chilled water is large and the flow rate is fast.