What is a Centrifuge?
A centrifuge, known as centrifugal extractor as well, is a device that utilizes the centrifugal force to separate liquid and solid particles or components of a liquid mixture.
What are Types of Centrifuges?
There are two main types of centrifuges in terms of application fields, which are laboratory centrifuges and industrial centrifuges. Both of them work on the centrifugal force and sedimentation principle.
Laboratory centrifuges can be further divided into several types, such as microcentrifuges, refrigerated centrifuges, high-speed refrigerated centrifuges, and ultracentrifuges. Industrial centrifuges can also be further classified into several types. According to the separation method, it can classified into sedimentation centrifuges and filtration centrifuges.
What is a Centrifuge Used for?
It is initially used for separating the compositions of milk, and now expands into the scientific, medical and other fields.
A laboratory centrifuge has a wide applications, which is usually used for the separation of blood, virus research, DNA research, purification of drugs and the separation of particles with different densities in a solution. It’s well recognized that a laboratory centrifuge serves as an essential equipment in production and scientific research units, such as radio immunity, biochemistry and environmental protection.
An industrial centrifuge functions as an extremely popular and effective solid-liquid extraction equipment, and widely used in many fields, such as the chemical engineering, petroleum, food processing, pharmaceutical, mineral processing, carbon, water treatment, nuclear energy industry and shipbuilding, and other fields. And it is mainly used for extracting CBD from the cannabis plant by ethanol, which is high efficient and more well-received.
What are Parts of a Centrifuge?
It has a complicated system, generally consisting of six parts. Something detailed as follows.
- Drive System: It refers to the motor(carbon brush motor, brushless motor, variable frequency motor). It is the heart of the centrifuge and contains the electric motor, which is an important component of the centrifuge.
- Control System: The control system refers to the circuit board/main board, and display board. The control system is the command center of the centrifugal extraction system. The principle is the same as that of the computer. It mainly processes and controls various data.
- Rack/Chassis: The rack or chassis connects the centrifuge parts, which is the over of centrifuge and can protect centrifuge from being damaged.
- Centrifugal Chamber: The centrifugal chamber accommodates the motor.
- Rotor: The rotors are used to place specimen, including the horizontal rotor, angular rotor, ELISA plate rotor and cell picture rotor.
- Compressor(Freezer Type): The compressor (freezer type) refers to the temperature control. The centrifugal compressor is a kind of turbo compressor, which has the characteristics of the large gas volume, small volume, simple structure, stable operation, convenient maintenance and gas pollution from oil, and many driving modes are available.
All of these parts are indispensable. They cooperate with each other and together constitute the the complete ethanol extraction equipment, which is an essential separation equipment widely used in many fields.