The Safety Instructions for Using an Industrial Centrifuge
An industrial centrifuge is an important equipment in various industries. However, it can be a dangerous equipment as well if used or maintained improperly. Thus it’s necessary to know some safety instructions for using an industrial centrifuge.
- The number of centrifuge tubes in an industrial centrifuge should be an even number. The centrifuge tubes containing the sample should be balanced with each other on the balance. The weight of all centrifuge tubes loaded into the industrial centrifuge should be basically same to ensure the balance of the centrifuge during the operation.
- The model of the centrifuge tube should match with the centrifuge tank. If the centrifuge tube is too small, the tube may break during the centrifugation process.
- The rotating speed of the motor shouldn’t exceed the maxim velocity.
- The industrial centrifuge is required to be placed on a flat and solid platform.
- When an industrial centrifuge is rotating at a high speed, don’t open the lid casually in order to avoid accidents.
- When an industrial centrifuge is out of use, the power should be cut off.
- The centrifuge tube should be checked for cracks, aging and other phenomena. If any, it should be replaced in time.
- Clean the motor and equipment after use to avoid the corrosion result from the contamination of sample solution.
What is very Important to Remember When Using a Centrifuge?
When using a centrifuge, balance is the most important thing that should be kept in mind. The centrifuge tubes can rotate at a high velosity, which not only has a high efficiency but also may cause dangerous incidents. Because any uneven mass between tubes can lead to irregularity in the system, which is dangerous.
How is a Centrifuge Used in Industry?
As an essential equipment for separation, a centrifuge can be applied in a great number of industries. It is mainly used to sediment suspended solids or separate immiscible liquids. For example, centrifuges are used in the chemical industry to realize the stratification of materials. Centrifuges are capable of refining petroleum by utilizing the rotor and the sedimentation capacity of centrifuges.