What is an Industrial Centrifuge?
An industrial centrifuge is a machine that uses the centrigugal force to separate liquid and solid particles or components of a liquid mixture. It is a extremely popular and effective solid-liquid extraction technique, and widely used in many fields, such as the chemical engineering, petroleum, food processing, pharmaceutical, mineral processing, carbon, water treatment,nuclear energy industry and shipbuilding, and other fields.
Selection Guide for Industrial Centrifuges
There are several kinds of industrial centrifuges, and different industrial centrifuges have various applications. So knowing how to select an industrial centrifuge is very essential, which could effect the working efficiency of concentrating or extracting substances. In terms of the separation methods, industrial centrifuges can be classified into the decanter centrifuge and the filter centrifuge. The following are instructions for the selection of these two industrial centrifuges giving consideration to their applications.
The decanter centrifuge is primarily used to separate solids and liquids. Being capable of purifying liquid, the decanter centrifuge becomes an ideal equipment for waste water facilities and oilfield sites for solid control separation applications. As well, centrifuges can be used in the hemp manufacturing industry to extract CBD oils from hemp. The decanter centrifuge is suitable for a wide range of materials.
The filter centrifuge is mainly adopted to pull out the liquid-phase substances by strong centrifugal power that is produced by high-speed rotary drum. When the liquid-phase substances are pulled out, the solid-phase substances will stay in the rotary drum. The filter centrifuge is suitable for industrial dehydration in which the viscosity of the material is small, the solid phase particles are not easily deformed (such as crystal), and the solid phase particles are large and small batches are produced.
What are Types of Industrial Centrifuges?
There are many types of industrial centrifuges.
- In terms of the separation methods, industrial centrifuges can be classified into the decanter centrifuge and the filter centrifuge.
- According to the various structures, there’re five kinds of industrial centrifuges, which are the plate centrifuge, the three-foot centrifuge, the tubular centrifuge, the disc centrifuge and the horizontal screw decater centrifuge.
- Based on the unloading ways, industrial centrifuges can be classified into the upper discharge centrifuge, the lower discharge centrifuge and the screw discharge centrifuge.
- Considering the production capacity, industrial centrifuges can be classified into the small centrifuge and the large centrifuge.
- In terms of the purposes, industrial centrifuges can be classified into the biological centrifuge, the pharmaceutical centrifuge, the chemical centrifuge and other centrifuges.
What’s more, there’re other typtes of industrial centrifuges.