It’s known that industrial centrifuges are effective to separate liquid and solid particles or components of a liquid mixture by making use of the centrifugal force. They are widely used in many fields, such as the chemical engineering, petroleum, food processing, pharmaceutical, mineral processing, carbon, water treatment,nuclear energy industry and shipbuilding, and other fields. Thus knowing how to operate industrial centrifuges is quite essential for all of users.
Industrial centrifuges can automatically carry out the cyclic operation of feeding, separating, washing, spinning, unloading, washing net and other processes successively when the drum is running at full speed. The operating time of each process can be automatically controlled by the electric-hydraulic system according to the predetermined requirements, or directly controlled by workers.
How to Operate Industrial Centrifuges
Then let’s go through how to operate industrial centrifuge correctly:
- Firstly, industrial centrifuges should be placed on the ground or some platforms that are flat and solid enough in order to make industrial centrifuges firmly fixed. And then figure out which ones are the substaces that need to be separated and extracted.
- Secondly, set the precise temperature, speed and time so that industrial centrifuges can work smoothly. After all are done, press the start button. The extracted substaces can be taken out after industrial centrifuges stop working.
- After taking out the extracted substances, the waste water and other substances in industrial centrifuges should be wiped off. Then put industrial centrifuges in a safe place.
Tips for Using Industrial Centrifuges
- The number of centrifuge tubes in an industrial centrifuge should be an even number. The centrifuge tubes containing the sample should be balanced with each other on the balance. The weight of all centrifuge tubes loaded into the industrial centrifuge should be basically same to ensure the balance of the centrifuge during the operation.
- The model of the centrifuge tube should match with the centrifuge tank. If the centrifuge tube is too small, the tube may break during the centrifugation process.
- The rotating speed of the motor shouldn’t exceed the maxim velocity.
- The industrial centrifuge is required to be placed on a flat and solid platform.
- When an industrial centrifuge is rotating at a high speed, don’t open the lid casually in order to avoid accidents.
- When an industrial centrifuge is out of use, the power should be cut off.
- The centrifuge tube should be checked for cracks, aging and other phenomena. If any, it should be replaced in time.
- Clean the motor and equipment after use to avoid the corrosion result from the contamination of sample solution.
How does an Industrial Centrifuge Work?
Industrial centrifuges rotate at a high speed to create a centrifugal force, which is used to separate particles, liquids and other substaces that have different densities. More dense parts move away from the centrifuge’s axis while less dense parts move toward the axis.